The Overall changes during the production of "Project Taekwondo Fighter":

 It's been months since I've started developing Project Taekwondo Fighter and, there had been a lot of drastic changes that had occured during this production phase due to several decisions I had taken. And today, I would like to list all of these changes from Pre-Alpha to Pre-Release:

Pre-Alpha (Concept Stage):

During the concept stage, I had way more mechanics and enemy characters which were to be included in the game -such as- multiple levels that were listed in my HCD (High concept document). These levels were supposed to take place in a regular dojo and an olympic arena, and also, newer moves were supposed to be introduced as well. However, these were cut short due to me trying to understand more and more about the source code of the game. 



(The images taken from the 10 pager and the Hcd that lists the content that was supposed to be included but then was cut. For people whom might have bad eye-sight, the list of characters which were to appear during the olympic stages were:)

                                                                - Cha Dong-Min-(Korea) 

                                                                - Jack Woolley-(Ireland) 

                                                                -Servet Tazegul-(Turkey) 

                                                                -Cyrian Ravet-(France) 


Alpha-Stage:

As I've said, due to my limited understanding of coding (now I'm a lot better compared to the beginning point) I couldn't really concentrate on the part where I did multiple animations for different characters, instead, I used the same character sprite and animations for the purpose of visualising the opponent. I also used a background from online that I thought was free, but was made by a Twitter user. So I deleted every post that had the background with it. For the gameplay, the overall version worked fine in a way but the animations for the opponent character were quite laggy and it felt rather unpolished, which was reasonable considering this was only an Alpha build of the game. The responses of not having any punches, and a menu, also put some thoughts into my head of the importance of these concepts.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USVKE60nNmA

(The alpha footage of the game)


Beta-Stage:

In the Beta Stage, unlike the Alpha-version, I had newer animations with updated walking, kick and new punch animations which were also created by me on an online program called Piskel which also was the environment for me to create my main and opponent character sprite during the alpha stage.

Alongside with the Animations, I had also decided to add a new background with a more realistic approach towards how a Dojo would look like. Aside from the graphical changes, I also wanted to create a more diverse A.I and certain menus but tackled some problems. Luckily, my dad and Edward from college helped me with a lot of things, but unfortunately, the menus weren't quite as ready for the Beta testing event, which was apparent with the complaints I had with the A.I and a lack of menus.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHc1PeJWPFE

(The Beta-Footage of the game)


Final-Stage:

The A.I's speed had been decreased severely, but unfortunately, nothing is perfect as the speed still isn't quite balanced. But to satisfy the deadline, I had to pick the lesser evil and go with it.

Apart from the A.I. the menus I've been mentioning had been implemented with the help of my dad where he polished, but he and me also searched for free to use soundtrack files, so that we could make it more of a pumped up experience for people to play.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9ougpMAnes

(The Final-Footage of the game)










Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar